Friday, August 15, 2008
Messing With 15-Year Olds At The Warper Tour!!!
-I went to the Warped Tour for the first time since I was like 14 yesterday...
It was really weird how everyone was asking 'are you over 18' when I'm so used to people asking 'are you over 21'
-I brought fig newtons to eat because I haven't had them in a really really long time, but they made everyone throw out their food. Ultimately, they didn't check my whole bag so I could have put the food in a different pocket and saved it from getting thrown out but I don't know the future so... =[
-During 3OH!3's set, Sean Foreman said he liked my hat. Their set wasn't like an MSI one where they're constantly talking to the crowd so I was really surprised and everyone got COMPLETELY silent and looked straight at me... I kinda felt like a I was in the middle of a sarlacc pit and if I made the wrong response they'd all start stabbing me with their pincer-teeth and dissolve me with stomach acids.
-My girlfriend and I were resting before mc chris and we ended up loosing track of time so we only got to hear two songs. But after, my girlfriend asked him for a picture and he said he'd give us one at his merch tent if we led him there, and that he'd let us cut the line. We pointed towards where it was and he started going straight to it. We think he knew where it was the whole time.
-Right before his last song he said he doesn't really think he's cutout for Warped Tour. I see why he'd say that. Too much screamo and high-school pop going on at the same time as him. But somebody at Vans let him in so somebody thinks he's got the tongue to speak to these kids.
-You can really see how all the drama of touring is wearing him down. I guess 'older crowd' is more of am emo song than a birthday tune. When we were "leading" him back to his tent, he walked straight and didn't smile or talk or anything. His backpack looked heavy and his hat had salt stains from sweat. He would occasionally wave or say a quick "hi" to the other artist-types.
-I wanted to ask him if he was going to keep touring and if he was going to be on the East Coast at all. I wanted to ask him what kind of cartoons he's been working on. But I didn't ask any questions. I wanted to thank him for not giving up and continuing on the tour but I didn't say anything. I didn't tell him he's a huge influence and his going to Warped Tour really gives me hope that people aren't so afraid of being geeks. All I said was "thank you" after he signed my 'mc chris is dead' cd but he was already trying to get the next picture done. All business.
-Then I started thinking about how much it must suck to be famouse. You gotta deal with all these kids who say you're their hero, the reason they do what they do, the sun of their galaxy. All you wanna do is sign their stuff, get that picture with them taken, and go to sleep. But the lines are so long and every single person in the line wants to tell you something. Something you've probably heard before but they think is absolutely unique. Or they really want to make an impression and get remembered by you. Like, they want you to see that crazy hat they're wearing, mention it in your set, then remember it when they go to get their CD signed.
~.~ Teck
Labels: music, teck, warped tour
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home