Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Strange Mindless Self Indulging Animals

---Right now I’m listening to “Animal” by MSI. The song absolutely kicks ass. Its got their uptempo, we-don’t-care-about-you-so-let’s-have-sex feeling that every song had on Frankenstein Girls, and mixes it with the dark riffs of You’ll Rebel to Anything. This and “Mastermind” are MSI’s quintessential examples of their musical maturity and evolution (“Get it Up” is my favorite track on the album, but it’s got a real heavy-pop sound to it… Anyone else think that whispering voice could be in a Justin Timberlake song?).
---But for all the musical greatness that has manifested itself with “Animal,” why does the music video suck so much?
---I blame M Dot Strange first and foremost (secondly I blame stupid kids who have sold themselves to his str8nime movement and will obviously eat up anything with his name attached to it – yes even midget Hitler porn… if that’s porn between Adolf Hitler and a midget or a midget Hitler have sex I’ll leave up to you to decide).
---Don’t get me wrong, “We Are The Strange” is an amazing piece of work considering it was made by just one dude. But the fact that it was made by one dude really shows in the animation. All the character’s are blocky, and barely move. When I saw “We Are The Strange” I thought, “Okay, this guy spent like seven years making this movie, by himself, and the aesthetics are on par with the kind of work studios put out.” I was also kind of drunk, which made the whole lack-of-original-plot a lot more endurable.
But the “Animal” video... argh!
---It was not M Dot Strange saying “F You” to Hollywood and the stuck up animation industry; it was M Dot Strange getting hired by MSI to make a two-and-a-half minute video. Not two-and-a-half hour movie! MINUTE. Yet, all the animation still sucks! He even uses THE SAME MODELS! What the crap is that!? And is he really so lazy that he can’t make a new ground skin!? It’s just a freaking 2D image! Why is MSI playing in that horrible game thing that “We Are The Strange” takes place in!? (answer: ’cuz M Dot Strange spends more time jacking to the Blue porn he made in his free time then actually working on fluid animations) I thought M Dot Strange had an innovative, creative mind… but right now it looks like he’s just a recycler.
---While watching “We Are The Strange,” I realized that if you take out all the plot-building scenes and the dialogue, you’d get an amazing series of music videos. So I was stoked when I heard that M Dot would be making an MSI video. So maybe I had some high standards… Or maybe M Dot strange can’t animate.

---Now that I’m done venting, I have to hand it to MSI. My guess is that this entire thing is one of their horrible, hell-derived plots. They know that the 10 fans of M Dot Strange who don’t know them, will instantly become MSI zealots now that they know M Dot Strange likes them. M Dot gets ridiculous press, which further helps their goal of deteriorating the brains of every person on this planet with the sound waves of Industrial Jungle Pussy Punk. But seriously… why’d they approve such a horrid video? I hope that the “Mark David Chapman” won’t be such a strain on the ganglions…

---If you haven’t listened to it yet, check out MSI’s myspace ( myspace.com/mindlessselfindulgence), hear the entire album and jizz all over the place.

---Also you should check out mc chris’ new song, “reese.” (link) I can’t stop listening to it… and it’s making me wish they had more peanut butter in Japanland.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home