Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Jackie Chan may be as old as last week's fish, but killer kicks he can still dish.

~Wow that was terrible. I am ashamed of myself.~

---When the first Rush Hour came out I'm sure no one realized how significantly the world would change. The skies parted, mythic sea monsters rose from their dark caverns millions of miles below the surface, troves of babies ran rampant through the streets of Pittsburgh, eating anything that came in their path - even the super-intelligent chimpanzees riding on the backs of their rabid-slave-bears. Pairing Jackie Chan - the world's leader in martial arts stunts and action comedy - with Chris Tucker of ... was Chris Tucker even famous? I have no idea because I was really young when Rush Hour came out and all I knew at that point in my life was that basically Jackie Chan was a real live version of Goku.
---Alright, I'll be honest. I have no idea what happened when Rush Hour came out or how much it was publicized. All I know is that Jackie Chan + Chris Tucker + Movie = amazing things.
---Everyone knows the Rush Hour movies are absolutely excellent films. I mean, if Chris Tucker's name is in the credits its obviously a slice of heavan sent down from God. So, preparing for #3 I had really high hopes.
...
And its an excellent film.
Obviously.
---You CANT go wrong with Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker. This movie had Jackie understanding and speaking fluent Japanese and Chris Tucker expressing his incredibly ironic homophobia. The movie had less plot than 300, more unfilled plot holes than a series of X-Men, and a French dude.
---While I will probably try not to see this flic again for about 2 years its definitely the best number-three-in-the-trilogy-movie out there this summer. Plus not only has Jackie Chan come out of retirement for this, but so has Jet Li (who will be starring next to JASON STATHAM in War)!!!!!!!!! Its just a good year.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home