Saturday, February 24, 2007
Global Warming Rocks
~the best part of this is the dude in back laughing~
I came across a revelation the other day.
I was walking to music class today with the amazing John Anthony when I came across a startling revelation: Global warming is amazing.
Everyone’s bitching about how terrible it is that the polar ice caps will melt, and the ozone layer will dissipate, and all the animals that will go extinct and all that hypothetical nonsense that scientists are using to scare the general public.
Once global warming comes to fruition, it will be awesome.
I came to this revelation in an incredibly simple way. I was walking across a sports field on my way music class. I kept my eyes on the ground to avoid the small puddles left over from the ice that had just melted. When suddenly a strange scent nailed my nose like a megaton punch. This scent was something natural, something clean and beautiful, yet didn’t belong in Winter at all. It was a mix of fresh grass blood floating low in the air and solar rays beating wet mud into crusted dirt. It was the smell of Spring.
I looked around in confusion. The sky was a brilliant blue. The harsh winds of winter had been calmed to flowing breezes.
In reality, the day wasn’t winter at all. It was a beautiful, warm, spring day.
So why are people complaining? Spring every day!? That’d be AMAZING! Imagine never having to wake up at 10am to shovel snow out of your driveway, just to have to do it again at 3pm. Imagine never having to worry about hail balls the size of babies busting through your home, murdering your family and leaving your dog paralyzed for life. Imagine a world where children can play outside until 8pm because even though the sun is set, the temperature is welcoming and kind. A world where frostbite is the name of the most recent rap/hip-hop phenomenon.
A wonderful image isn’t it?
-Teck
Labels: news
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home